In this presentation we have tried to summarise the basic information about our university and in particular to provide you with the contact details of the representatives of individual study programmes who are ready to answer your questions.
20 September 2021
The Day of open doors will take place in the MUP Prague-Strašnice building from 5:00pm (more information).
The most up-to-date information about the admission procedure
✓ We accept applications continuously.
✓ Entrance examinations for all study programmes conducted English are held electronically.
✓ The entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s Degree study programmes conducted in Czech are cancelled.
Metropolitan University Prague
MUP is the best ranked private university in the Czech Republic
In the historically first ranking created by the government institutions on the basis of the quality of science, MUP received the best evaluation among social sciences colleges.
17 000+ Alumni
MUP welcomed its first students in 2001. Since its establishment, the university produced almost 17 000 alumni of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral study programmes. The university currently provides education to approximately 4 000 students in Czech and in English language.
200+ Partner Universities
International cooperation is among key MUP activities. With respect to the extent of student mobility, MUP boasts over 200 partner universities around the world, incoming exchange students from over 70 countries of the world, active participation in the Erasmus+ programme, practical trainings abroad offered to both students and alumni, and the Double Degree programmes allowing students to receive a Diploma from two universities.
4 Study Programmes conducted in English
The instruction of the English study programmes at MUP is carried out at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and also Doctoral level of study. Applicants may choose from the following study programmes in English: Anglophone Studies, International Business / Regional Studies and International Business, International Relations – Asian Studies and International Relations – European Studies.
5 Research Centres
Metropolitan University Prague continues to broaden its research activities to ensure the continuous increase in quality of instruction. MUP offers to its students numerous programs within individual departments and research centres. These include primarily international conferences and round tables with important Czech and foreign experts.
70 Students in the School without Barriers Programme
The School without Barriers is a social programme for students with physical disabilities, implemented by Metropolitan University Prague since 2003. MUP has received several awards for this programme. Every year, about 70 students study at MUP within the School without Barriers programme.
172 € per month
Study at the MUP is not expensive; it costs only € 172 / CZK 4 333 for the part-time form of study and € 188.50 / CZK 4 750 for the full-time form of study per month. The tuition fees are paid for a full academic year and you may divide them into instalments.
|International Business / Regional Studies and International Business||EN||✓||✓|
|International Relations – Asian Studies||EN||✓|
|International Relations – European Studies||EN||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mezinárodní obchod / Regionální studia a mezinárodní obchod||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mezinárodní vztahy – asijská studia / Asijská studia||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mezinárodní vztahy – evropská studia||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Veřejná správa / Evropská studia a veřejná správa||✓||✓||✓||✓|
at application.mup.cz (€ 22 / CZK 550).
Exceptionally, for the upcoming academic year, we have cancelled the entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree study programmes conducted in Czech. The entrance examinations for the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree study programmes conducted in English will be held online.
Decision of Admission
You will receive the Decision electronically after you having met all requirements of the admission procedure.
Payment of Tuition Fees
Conclusion of a Study Contract
and submission of a certificate proving the highest level of education.
Enrolment and Matriculation
during the enrolment, new students will receive relevant information about organisation of study and take the matriculation pledge.
Academic Year Schedule
Full-time form of study
Part-time form of study
The Student Services Office will guide you starting from the submission of an application to study to the Graduation Ceremony.
- Prague – Strašnice Building
- Prague – Jarov Building
Please contact us primarily by email or phone (+420 725 578 967). More information here.
Offers the following types of activities to MUP students:
- study stays in the EU and non-EU countries
- practical trainings in the EU countries
The student is entitled to financial support in the amount of 300-600 €/month.
The student is guided by an MUP coordinator starting from the submission of an application to the return from the study stay.
- Study Stays allow MUP students to participate in academic activities at MUP partner universities abroad for the duration of one or two semesters.
- Internships offer MUP students an opportunity to work for an international company, educational or research centre or any other qualified organisation for the duration of 3 to 12 months.
- ERASMUS Intensive Language Courses (EILC)
Upon due completion of the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree study programmes at MUP, students shall receive a diploma from both partner universities.
- SRH Hochschule Berlin (Germany)
- INSEEC Business School (France)
- University of Trento (Italy)
- Univerzita Mateja Bela Banská Bystrica (Slovakia)
- Univerzita Pavla Jozefa Šafárika v Košicích (Slovakia)
- Manipal University (India)
Full-Time Form of Study
per one academic year
2 262 € | CZK 57 000
Part-Time Form of Study
per one academic year
2 064 € | CZK 52 000
Intensive Two-Semester Course
15 or 30 weeks of instruction, every working day 4 x 40 mins
Czech for Foreigners
- for applicants who would like learn Czech in order to attend university study programmes that are taught in Czech
- successful completion: participant can understand written and spoken Czech, speak and write on the B1/B2 level
- Main library in Prague-Strašnice Building
- approximately 50.000 volumes
- academic journals and other periodicals
- electronic resources JSTOR, EBSCOhost, E-books Cambridge
- WIPO Depository Library
- sale of MUP Press publications
- more info about Library
Pursuant to MUP Bursary Code, students with disabilities can apply for disbursement of a bursary for their whole course of study at MUP.
- bursary in the amount of 90% of the tuition fees
- 70 students every year
- barrier-free study environment in MUP buildings
- loan of equipment needed for study
- ability to consult with the Counsellor for Students with Disabilities
- possibility to study abroad (Erasmus+ programme)